Thursday, March 19, 2009

Once upon a dreay day

That was the name of a poem I wrote in High school.


 It's been bothering me because I lost it somewhere. It seems to be shadowing me in life, and I think that's why I want it back so bad.


 If I could see it, hold it, crush, o.k. maybe not crush it.


 Once upon a dreary day...la la la...


Every generation has its beatniks, punks, goths.  People who do something drastic...make a difference.  Well, I wore black and shaved one side of my head.  Yes I did that.  I looked silly, but I made my point.


The point was that I made my own choices, I may have looked like an ass, but it was on my terms.


Fast forward to now...Ugh what was I thinking.  I just want my hair to behave.  No silver/grey/white strands unless I put them there on purpose. Black clothes are now for hiding the extra curves my two beautiful sons gave me.


Have I done anything with my writing...No..Why?....No clue...I just started this blog to get off my ass.


I needed to jump start my brain.


I hope with the prayers of my family & friends that I may find that voice that actually made me passionate when I was a teen.




With hope & courage,


Lyn Hernandez


**Re-edited 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment