Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Different like me.

I decided to repaint my room.  I wanted something new and fresh.  I figured I'd make my own shade.  I took several leftover colors that were all really cool.  In my head I pictured this iridescent blue/pink/purple shade.  In order to achieve this I'd have to go to the local Depot and obtain some white semi-gloss to mix in with it.  While I'm at it let me get some trim paint too.

OK.  So I mix the paint in a bucket, and I mean mix.  Did you know that you have to stir the crap out of paint in order for it to blend?  No wonder they have that paint shaker at the store.  Duh!  Anyway, so I look at my final product and tilt my head.  Huh.  It looks familiar.  Alright.  Let's see how it looks on the walls.  I test an area not very noticeable and give it a good coat.  Hmm.  That seems kinda bright, but OK.   Let's see what happens when it dries.

The result?  It turns out to be the shade I had on there before only lighter.  So I got bluish/pinkish/purplish shade I'd hoped for, but with way more work.  Here's the kicker.  I chose an awesome chocolate brown as the trim color figuring it would compliment the brightness of the tone I had in my head.

Obviously my brain has a sense of humor because I've finished that one wall, and the final result is.....An Easter egg.

Yup.  It looks like you can eat my wall.  That's just fine.  I like it.  It's different like me.

Until next time.

Lyn


4 comments:

  1. I had ten different paint tester on my wall and ended up buying a shade that we never tested. I am happy. My walls look drinkable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for edible walls. Well sorta. Ok. Yay for walls that look edible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine if you mixed the paint, put it on the wall & it was horrible? That would suck.

    I just hope that sitting in the room doesn't make you constantly crave chocolate Easter eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually thought about that. I have a backup plan. I have to wait for Summer though. I can deal for now. Chocolate Easter Egg Anonymous for now.

    ReplyDelete