Friday, April 22, 2011

Spud Ninjas.


OUCH!

That's pretty much all I have to say/write.

I burnt my tongue.  Holy crap does it hurt.

It's Good Friday so I cooked a very nice meal.

Did anyone ever tell you not to taste food straight
out of the oven?

Yeah.  Common sense usually clicks in for most people.

Me?  Nope.  As I stared at the steam coming off the potatoes,
what do you think I did?

Uh-huh.  Yeah.  That's right.  I grabbed a fork and dove into the 
gooeyness that was teasing me.

No really.  The potatoes were saying, "Hey!  You over there!  Grab 
a fork, and get over here."

I had to listen to what they were saying.  I mean, come on, how often do
you get to listen to talking spuds.

There you have it.  My reason for talking funny for the next few days is not
my fault.  The Spud Ninjas did it.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       











The image doesn't even begin to convey the OUCH level.

Undill dex dime.

Dyn

4 comments:

  1. I posted a few day back about my tongue burn.
    Milk helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burning your tongue is the worst! Burnt taste buds ruin your meals for days. Dang those spuds for talking to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy....I thought about the milk, but I am Lactose intolerant. It's funny though because the 1st thing that popped in my head was my son's Moose Tracks ice cream.

    Little Ms Blogger...I actually didn't mind not being able to taste. I over cooked the ham on Easter Sunday, and the Cheese Cake disappeared before I could get to it. That's the last time I listen to talking food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought I was the only one who tasted things out of the oven or a boiling pot! So glad to know I'm with good company.

    Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower and look forward to reading your daily tales!

    ~ Ellen

    ReplyDelete