Saturday, November 7, 2009

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief Theatrical Trailer #2

OK. So I finished the last book yesterday and was totally bummed out until I found out that the movie is coming in February. I knew it was coming, but I didn't realize how soon.

For those of you that don't know about Percy Jackson you really should read the books. The first book Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightening Thief, by Rick Riordan was a hot topic among the kids and of course I didn't pay attention at first because it was written for kids. Then I thought about Harry Potter and how at first I was against reading the books because I didn't want people to think I was, well hell if I remember what I was afraid of. Screw them I wanted to read everything I could get my hands on. I've always read weird crap and will continue to do so until my sight fails me. And then I'll get someone like Jenny aka Blaez to read to me because she is cool like that. Love you Jenny!

Where was I? Oh yeah. So I remembered that I started reading Harry Potter when book 3 had just come out and was completely addicted. It was pure torture having to wait for #4 Goblet of Fire. By #7 the Mail Carrier knew to just drive up & drop off my book before starting her route. I think she felt bad for me. There must be something really creepy about a grown adult sitting on a front porch whimpering and craning her neck every time a car passes by. Yeah I know I could have gotten my book at the store but it was more fun my way and it gave the neighbors something to talk about.

With Percy Jackson I didn't have to go through all of that. I was so late in the game that all five books were published and ready for purchase. And the amazing thing is that my non-book loving Teen "Double A" was the one to ask me to pick him up a copy. Ha! Go figure. Even Mom is on board. She bought the Audio for her car.

Blah. Blah. Blah. Why is this chic babbling about some dumb book? Well it's because I love mythology. Anyone who knows me knows that I crave knowledge, and the more "useless" it is the better it is. What I thought was awesome about Rick Riordan's books was that I finally "got" it. You know. I finally was able to understand some of the "myths" from back in the day. I love to share my little treasures so I hope you either read the books or at least pass on the information to someone who may fall in love like I did.

Before you leave please check out the Trailer. The Director, Chris Columbus, is the same guy who did Harry Potter's Sorcerer's Stone and The Chamber of Secrets. If you check out the Cast List you will see some familiar names. Wow. I am so excited!

Until next time.

Sweet dreams.

Lyn

Don't be shy. Check out the trailer!!!!



I love you all.

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. I saw this trailer recently and had no idea what it was all about. Sounds like a fun book.

    I swore while I was waiting for Deathly Hallows to be released that I would NEVER read another unfinished series EVER. But then I realized what an amazing journey I had with other Harry Potter fans as we speculated and guessed and wondered what would happen next. I would have missed out on that if I'd waited until the series was done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with you on the mythology. i love reading about it too.

    ReplyDelete