Thursday, June 4, 2009

Just great.

I have a cold. I tried my best to avoid this, but it happened anyway. Dang germs! I work with the public for both jobs, and Z-man is in Pre-K so who knows where I picked this up.

I was fine all day yesterday, and last night too. That is until I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, and I thought I had a bloody nose. Liquid just came pouring out of my head. Gross! I ran for the bathroom, but of course it was a false alarm. Great...Just great. I knew what was happening. This is a repeat from a few months ago.

I should have seen this coming too. I was definitely feeling unlike myself these past few days. Overly sensitive, irritable, exhausted, and I thought my "friend" was coming to visit early. Ha!

So now I get to go to work tomorrow where everyone will probably freak out thinking I have the pig flu. I should just call in, but that's so unfair. I am not dying. Read the back of a DayQuil bottle and you can see my list of symptoms.


Temporarily relieves common cold and flu symptoms:
~Nasal congestion
~Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
~Sore throat
~Headache
~Minor aches and pains
~Fever

I wish I could just poof this away. I could probably try my friends homemade remedy, but it involves a lot of raw garlic, rum, tea, and honey. Yeah. I know yuck. I'd end up going to work sick, hungover, AND smelling like I was warding off Vampires. She swears by it though. I guess I better head to the store before work for DayQuil Capsules before I start my day tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I am off to read your blogs now. Sweet dreams all.

No comments:

Post a Comment