Saturday, May 2, 2009

Another "Z" escapade.

Children really do say the darnedest thing's. Why do I say this? Let me set the scene.

I came home from work tonight tired and sore(This is a given on weekends). As usual, I just wanted to sit down and relax. This hardly ever happens, unless I come home after 11:00. At which point my youngest son is in La La Land. Now, I know that I have some cleaning to do. The list is never ending. At the top of this list is laundry. I do not need this to be pointed out to me. Especially by my soon-to-be 4 year old son. "Z" has taken a special interest in household chores. Which in turn creates more items to tick off on my to-do list.

So, my precious son decides that he wants to help Mommy with the laundry, but fails to tell Mommy. I did see him going back and forth to the laundry room, but I thought he was in hot pursuit of "Zona" the cat. Well, I was both right and wrong. I was right that he was chasing the cat, but I had his intention all wrong.

I heard the cat meow loudly in distress. So I went to see what he was subjecting her too. The first thing I see is that the washing machine lid is up. I peek in. "Z" has thrown in Mommy's work clothes. Aww...How sweet is that? I look around, and there is my son in a crouch looking for something.

"What are you looking for?" I ask him.
"Kitty." He tells me.
"Kitty doesn't want to play hon." I tell him.
"Kitty needs clean." He says.
"What?"
"Kitty needs clean. Needs wash clean."
"Needs wash clean?"
"Yes. Wash clean rinse."
"You want to give Zona a bath?"
"Yes."
"I don't think she wants a bath right now honey."
"No! Kitty rinse in wash clean!"
(Here is where my brain starts catching up.)
"Oh! You want to wash kitty in the washing machine?"
"Yes. Kitty needs rinse."
"Honey. We don't wash Zona in the washer. The washer is for clothes, not kitties."
"Oh. No kitty in washer."
"Yup. No kitty in washer."
"OK."

And off he went. Time to water paint.

My poor cat. She was wailing for good reason. Thank God he has no clue how to turn the machine on. I think Momma's little helper is going to be in another room from now on when I do decide to catch up on my list.

4 comments:

  1. oh my god.

    inadvertantly you just taught me a huge lesson: i will NOT let the children see me doing laundry b/c I do not want them trying to put the animals in the washer...

    Kids do and say the darndest things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other thing to watch for, which I should probably write about, is the brushing of teeth. Once they learn they want to do it themselves. What a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a cat in a washing machine. Yikes! Of course, here's how loony blog world is, Lyn: When I read this, I found myself thinking, "If the cat actually makes it into the machine, she'll have an AWESOME post to write!" We need help out here, we really do.

    I loved reading your profile (see? This is the benefit of 'following' someone. They look you up!) I completely understand the whole "needing to find me again" thing. I hope this little pursuit helps with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree about following. I found you by following Karen, and I am glad I did. As for the cat making it into the machine I hope that I won't be posting that anytime soon. I do, however, have a "found the cat in Z's toy box" story. I need to record these things for proof!

    ReplyDelete