Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Father's "hand" me down wisdom.

It is late, (did you notice that I haven't fixed my time yet..hee hee. A rhyme for every reason.) and this is what is going through my head:

Is it just me, or is it the older you get the fewer TRUE friends you actually have?

Why is it that I am unimportant until "something" comes up?

How many true friends do you have? Actual, not virtual. No FB, MySpace, Blogworld, etc..

If you were to be stranded in the middle of nowhere and managed to get a cryptic message sent to 911, who, besides your family, would be the first to drop everything and search for you?

I had to think about this. That's not a good sign.

I do have my answer. I know for a fact that she would drop anything, and everything to make sure I was found.

My Father told me when I was in my early teens that you can count your real friends on one hand...the rest are just there.

Who knew that I was going to agree with him, after all the arguments that I gave:

I can count them on both hands and feet and then some.

No Dad. They are all my friends.

Of course they will be my friends till forever!

You are serious? One hand...five friends...as if!

Kidding with the last one. I never spoke to my father like that. We had respect for parents back then. I make myself sound old. If you are from an "Old School" family upbringing you know exactly what I am talking about!

Enough babbling for now. I have to sleep at some point. Tomorrow is now my today. Eek!

Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

  1. It's so true about friendship. I have just a few very, very close friends. The rest are people I see occasionally or talk to once in awhile, or see their Facebook pages but never them. And I don't mind it that way. I consider myself lucky. My BFF and I have known each other since Junior High and I feel lucky to have a friend I've known for almost 20 years.

    And we never talked to our parents like that either. Now that I'm an adult...slightly different story.

    I blame The Simpsons and Family Guy for the way kids speak to their parents today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooh a zombie meme!!! let me in on the creation/updation or whatever please please please!!!!!!!! *squeelz and giggles*

    ReplyDelete