Monday, May 18, 2009

That's much better.

I woke up this morning, and breathed in deep. Guess what? No cat pee smell. Just good old fresh air, which by the way was freezing. I had to close the window, and turn the heat on. Brr. I did a couple loads of laundry too just to get the heat circulating down here.

I'm wondering if the drop in temperature had anything to do with Zona's suitor not coming last night. Or maybe he realized that she was not playing hard to get, but is an indoor cat content to sleep all day. Getting up only to seek food and water, and of course use the kitty loo.

I make her sound boring, but she really isn't. She plays on a daily basis, but its usually against her will. Her & Z like "Hide-and-Seek" where she hides while he seeks. Or how about "Tag" she runs from Z while he chases her.

There have been a few times where I had to intervene. I mentioned in an older post, Another "Z"escapade" ,that Z had been trying to get Zona into the washer. Don't worry. He didn't succeed.

One time, however, he did get her into his toy-box. Not the Plastic type that Tyco makes. I'm talking a good old fashion wooden toy box with hinges connected to the lid.

The box itself is not very heavy, but the lid once closed is quite secure. I didn't even have to wait for the cat to start meowing. I just happened to check in on Z at the right moment. He was sitting on the toy box giggling. I knew something was up. He never sits there. He has a wooden stool that he prefers (It was given to him by his big brother.)

He took one look at me, and the giggles stopped. He got off the box, and backed out of the room. He knew he had done something wrong, and he hates time-out. Sorry little buddy (time-out for sure).

Have you ever played with a Jack-in-the-box? You know, the kind that you wind the handle on the side while it plays Round and Round the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel. Well, you know that the stupid clown is going to pop out at any moment, but yet you still jump in surprise when it finally springs out. That is the only way to explain my opening of the toy box.

I reached down to open the lid, and instead of the cat just climbing out she launched herself straight up. It was like she just hopped on a trampoline. And another thing, aren't cats supposed to be graceful? Hmpf. Not her. As she was flying upward her legs were swiping the air like someone had put her in a lake and she was swimming to shore. She landed with a thud and was still scrambling with her legs. Poor kitty.

I wasn't able to find her for a couple of days after that. She plays a really good game of Hide-and Seek.

(No animals were harmed in the writing of this post. Yes she was and is fine.)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, this post makes me miss my kitty. I got her when I was 8 and she lived 19 years. I am sure I tortured that poor thing when I was a kid, but she was a really great cat.

    ReplyDelete